Friday, January 10, 2014

1st semester

Sawyer has completed his 1st semester of preschool and he LOVES it! This year he is in the 3's class and goes 2 mornings a week.

He is almost always excited to run in and see Miss Erica, Miss Judy and his friends. And he is always excited to run into my arms and tell me all about his day (as long as I ask him all my questions within the 1st 10 minutes…is he a teenager already?) 

His favorite activities are recess and painting. He comes home singing new songs and verses all the time. I love how I don't know what's going to come out of his mouth when I ask him school questions :)
a painting he made me for my birthday…I think it's a rainbow
Another painting that I believe is some kind of conglomeration of Elmo and Zoe…can't you see it :)
Some other highlights:
During the Thanksgiving season when asked what he was thankful for he responded (on 2 separate occasions): "red shoes" and "my mom bought me new shoes"
Good to know he likes his new red tennis shoes :)

On the last day before Christmas break I volunteered in his class. It was pajama day so we dressed in our pi's and went to school together. It was fun to interact with him at school we played with flubber, had circle time, participated in the all school worship time, played holiday bingo and decorated Christmas cookies. I love that the school welcomes and encourages parents in the classroom.

The 2 videos below are Sawyer singing some of his favorite preschool tunes:


Sawyer singing 1 from Kristen Schenk on Vimeo.


Sawyer singing 2 from Kristen Schenk on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment