Friday, April 17, 2015

Cowboys & Indians {Party Details}

A few weeks ago I showed you the inspiration for Kolter's cowboys and indians 1st birthday party. Kolter it named after an early American cowboy (actually he has been called the 1st American mountain man, but close enough ;), so I thought the theme was appropriate. I had a lot of fun creating a masculine vibe with a mixture of rustic cowboy and modern tribal. Most of the decor I made or borrowed from friends. Here are the results:


This is a shot of the s'more's bar and a peek at the tee-pee. I decorated the mantle with friends boots and arrows (her dad makes arrows by hand). My dad contributed the deer antlers. Over Christmas we were in Smith Center, the home on the Redmen so I purchased a native american figurine that was perfect for the party. Then I used Sawyer's cowboy hat hung on wooden candlesticks.  And to top it off (literally) we hung then arrow bunting I made from orange, navy, gray and teal fabrics. Eclectic, but perfect for the event.



 


 

Kyle also made the tee-pee for the event. Then I covered it and the kids decorated the inside by adding blankets, pillows and books. This should be a fun spot even after the party.


On the s'mores bar we decorated with a sign Kyle made from old wood. Then I added some "K" rope art I made. I also used deer antlers, a s'mores bar chalkboard sign, table runners, an old wooden crate, coordinating arrow bunting and a mini hay bale. The sweet treats consisted of all the s'more fixings (graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, nutella and pb cups), s'more cupcakes in jars covered tied with fabric toppers, chocolate chip cookies and s'more pops (stuck into the hay bale).



Kyle's sign (you may see this again) and my rope art


can you spot the food label in this picture? They are feather gift tags I found in the Target dollar section, score!

the s'more cupcakes were a labor of love by all involved (thanks Tache, Papa, Randy and Mom) but the end result was adorable and the best part was they were delicious!
a cowboy and indian inspired wreath to greet our guests
Not the best picture, but on one wall in the living room I added another arrow bunting and put cowboy and indian inspired prints in our frames

Each child received a bandana party favor

And a bag filled with s'more trail mix (graham crackers, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows). The burlap bags were left over from my sister's wedding 6 years ago. I thought it was about time to use them ;)


The dining room/kitchen held the food station and craft station.

We had all kinds of feathers to make indian headdresses.

In the dining room I hung pictures of Kolter from 1-12 months.

We had his smash cupcake outfitted as well
I didn't get a picture of the food set-up but here's a shot of the drink station.


I also hung a tribal inspired backdrop in the dining room window to add a bit more decor.

I loved creating this little party for my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment