Sunday, July 10, 2011

Staycation

Like I mentioned previously the boys went on a week long road trip to Kansas. What's a mom to do when her men are gone...enjoy a nice little staycation. I found the time to be very relaxing, but busy. I say relaxing because I wasn't running after very active children all day or constantly picking up the house. But it was also busy as I tackled many fun projects (including the little girl's nursery) and spent lots of much needed time with friends (I even went to a movie for the 1st time since before Sawyer was born).

Here's what my craft table looked like most of the week...
I also declared it a week of no cooking. I was able to eat cereal for nearly every meal. Oh it was bliss!

On the last day of my staycation I had the wonderful opportunity to meet my college roommate, Drew, in Columbus for a day of talking, shopping, and eating. It was so great to see her and catch up. I also just had to see that belly bump! We are due about a week apart so it was a blast to talk babies together!
Drew, me & the babies

By evening I was missing my guys so a little Skype conversation was always greatly appreciated. Now that they are home whenever we open the laptop Sawyer comes over and says "mama?" He may or may not think I live in the computer :)

I missed my boys, but it was so nice to have a few days off and to be pain-free for an entire week. That was officially the end of our traveling for the next several months...next big event...the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment