Monday, July 4, 2011

Guest Room Series: Sunburst Mirror

I've been seeing sunburst mirrors all over the internet decorating world. I like the look and thought it might be a perfect addition above the guest bed, but too be honest I didn't want to start another diy project in that room.

Then I ran across this beauty at a garage sale and I couldn't get it out of my head. In fact I walked away from it once only to return to the garage sale the next day. Luckily it was still there.

I love the mix of wood and metal, but I wasn't crazy about the color. According to the original owner it is a true mid century piece, but I didn't really care because I knew I would be putting a new spin on the piece.

I removed the clock pieces and bought a small mirror (it's a mirror for candles and it cost $1.50 at the craft store). Kyle spray painted the piece white and I glued on the mirror.
And now it has been transformed into a sunburst mirror that adorns the wall of our guest bedroom.
The guest room series is now on hiatus as we have a 20 something male housemate that occupies the guest room for the remainder of the summer. His stuff makes the room not so picture worthy. I have a few projects to complete before the baby arrives, so the room is finished for all the house guests that will come visit the new little lady.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Idea! like the way the mirror looks on it instead of the clock!

    ReplyDelete