Friday, July 22, 2011

Comparison & 37 Weeks

As we are quickly approaching the end of this pregnancy I thought it might be fun to do a little comparison between pregnancy #1 & #2. Here's a side-by-side shot of me at 8 months.


Observations:
1) Our camera was awful for pregnancy #1. So glad we invested in a nice camera when baby #1 came along.
2) I love my hair in pregnancy #1. Must try to recreate before baby #2 arrives.
3) Hate my hair in pregnancy #2 picture because I lost my hair straightener. Must invest in a new one before baby #2 arrives.
4) So far this whole comparison thing is only making me add stuff to my to-do list...that was not my original intent as I have plenty to accomplish before baby #2 arrives.
5) In terms of belly size the photos seem pretty similar. However, I feel much larger this time than I ever did with #1.
6) I appear to be carrying baby #2 a little higher which I find very strange since she feels so low to me.

That's all my pregnant brain can conjure up at this time. Hope you enjoyed the riveting comparison.

We're getting down to the wire, but I don't have a whole lot to report I just wanted to recap my 37 week doctor's appointment.

Overview
  • Officially full term
  • Was having a contraction when she was doing the exam
  • Little lady's heart beat was 164 bpm
  • My blood pressure and weight gain were good
  • Negative strep B test
  • No internal exam (probably won't have another unless I go past my due date)

The actual doctor's appointment went well. However, I was thrown through a loop when my doctor informed me due to a family emergency she had to return to India. She will most likely be gone from July 20th - August 20th...so it's highly unlikely she will be available for the delivery. Thankfully she has back-up physicians, so I don't have to search for a new doctor. The rest of my appointments I will be seen by the midwife which is perfectly fine by me as she is quite knowledgeable and thorough. My only concern is the actual doctor and delivery situation. I chose this OB/GYN because she had a private practice and I was able to build a relationship with her and not have to worry about what doctor might be on call when I deliver. However, now I will be delivering with a doctor I've never met. I know the doctor is only in the delivery room for 5-10 minutes so it's probably not that big a problem. I just hope this doctor has a similar philosophy with my doctor and is willing to listen and talk with me. The last thing I need while in labor is a disagreeable doctor :)

From my experience with Sawyer I know the nurses are what make a delivery an "enjoyable" experience, so I'm not going to stress over the doctor. Just wanted to document this turn of events.

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten,
    You look beautiful! I thought you looked like you're carrying the little lady higher, too. Isn't it amazing how much "bigger" we feel with #2? Like you, I took some pics and have compared along the way and don't notice that much of a difference in size. Maybe it's the angle. :)
    Best wishes and prayers as you enter the exciting time of anticipation!
    - Amy

    ReplyDelete