Saturday, July 16, 2011

36 weeks

How far along: 36 weeks 4 days

Total weight gain: 32 lbs. (while it's still going up the increases have decreased 3 lbs. in 5 weeks)

Maternity clothes: pants yes, but mostly regular shirts still (love old navy long tops)

Sleep: side sleeping with a pillow between the legs and at least 2 bathroom breaks per night

Best moment this week: spending lots of family time with Kyle and Sawyer, enjoying our last days as a family of 3

Movement: all the time

Food cravings: last week it was Mexican food, then we went to eat Mexican food and I got sick that night...no more Mexican food until the baby arrives.

What I'm missing: sleeping on my stomach, being able to sit comfortably, Sawyer being able to sit comfortably on my lap

What I'm looking forward to: meeting this little lady

Yesterday I had my 36 week doctor's appointment. Weight gain and blood pressure were good. The babies heart rate was 139 bpm. Due to her low position and Sawyer coming early she decided to "check" me. She didn't give me exact numbers (I didn't ask), but the doctor's best estimate is a birth very near to the due date (August 9th). Since she has dropped I've had mixed feelings about when she might arrive. Last weekend I was in a lot of pain, experienced many contractions, etc. I thought it was imminent, but I must have just over done it because by Monday I was feeling normal again. I just have to remember to watch my activities and not do too much cleaning or pick up the kids too often. So, it looks like she will be baking for a bit longer.

About a week ago she dropped. People talk about a experiencing a "lightening" and I've definitely experienced that. I can once again eat and breath as my stomach and lungs now have room. I also feel a bit smaller. However, the pelvic pain is now much more intense.

Last week I also had my endocrinologist visit. As long as I don't experience any symptoms this was my last thyroid visit until 6 weeks post-partum.

I took 2 children with me to the appointment so I didn't process as much info as normal, but here are the numbers.

TSH .37 (climbing, but still not quite in the normal range)
Free T3 2.2 (normal range)
Free T4 .95 (normal range)

The results were kind of like last time. My TSH continues to climb. At the beginning of my pregnancy my TSH levels were undetectable and now they have climbed to .37 (.47 - 6.6 is the normal range). This is a positive pattern. My Free T3 and T4 hormones are in the normal range and continue to hold steady from last month.

After pregnancy my hormones will continue to fluctuate, however after 6 weeks they should be returning to "normal." That is when I will visit the endocrinologist again for another baseline appointment.

Because my antibodies were high in the beginning (they've only been tested once) the Dr. does believe I still have Grave's Disease (even though my hormone levels may be in check), but we'll wait and see once my hormones stop raging.

No comments:

Post a Comment