Monday, July 18, 2011

Girlifying the Nursery

Since we plan on Sawyer and the Little Lady sharing a room I've been working on ways to make her side of the room a little more girl friendly.

Here's what I have come up with. First, the new room layout. These are pictures of both sides of the room. The armoire will be moved to the corner of the blue wall and Sawyer's "new" bed will be placed where the crib now resides.


The crib will be moved to the wall/corner where the armoire now sits. And that wall/corner is where I'm focusing my girly design while maintaining the white, blue, and orange color theme.

Inspiration for adding some girliness to the nursery.
I L.O.V.E. this print from esty shop thewheatfield
It has all the right colors (blue, orange), a little vintagey feel which I adore (if my 1st child was a girl I was going to do a vintage nursery), and it's girly without being over the top.

A fabric covered letter. This tutorial from Prudent Baby makes it seem pretty easy. Since we know her 1st initial, I would like to have a letter hanging over her crib to mimic Sawyer's "S" above his bed.

And to add some texture and visual interest I'm going to try and create a mobile. Still deciding on the direction. I could hang tissue paper poms or here are some other ideas I like.

Circle mobile via the Stir

Also, I bought a girly mirror at a thrift store that will probably make an appearance.

I can't wait to get started. Speaking of which I probably should get started. Oh Kyle, ready to move some furniture?

1 comment:

  1. I love your craftiness, Kristen. Can't wait to see the finished product. Many prayers to you as August nears!
    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete