Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Crafts {Skirts}

This summer we are going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina with Kyle's family. It's kind of becoming a tradition to do beach pictures in navy and white. When I saw this fabric polka dot fabric at Joann's I knew it would make a perfect family picture skirt for Nora. Then my SIL bought some for my niece. Then I had fun making some girly creations!

My 1st inspiration came from the Taking Notes pattern on Sewing in No Man's Land. I loved the look of her skirt but I knew I wanted to use elastic instead of a zipper closure. Nora's a growing girl and I knew if I used a zipper it wouldn't fit for long. So I followed the pattern in the front then used elastic in the back so Nora can grow into the skirt.



Then for Gracie's skirt I remembered a creation from Dana at MADE and knew I wanted to incorporate lace so I used her Heirloom Skirt tutorial. This skirt was super easy to make and the extra lace addition turns a simple skirt into a unique creation. 


I can't wait to see them wearing it together!




1 comment: