Friday, September 24, 2010

Master Bedroom Project

I'm joining my first ever blog carnival. This is linked to Show Us Your Life @ Kelly's Korner blog. Welcome new visitors!

Our master bedroom is not done (just like the rest of our house), but I have been working on it, so I thought I would share some of the progress.

Pillows: I made all the pillows. Oddly enough some of these fabrics were used on a bed in the Jo-Ann Fabrics ad this week :)

Curtains: I recently made these curtains. I planned on only putting 2 on the window, but Kyle put the curtains up and used all three panels on one window. I kind of like it, so I think we'll keep it. Who knew he had any decorating sense?

Bedside tables (not quite done, the hardware is in the mail)

Bed: This is the only piece of furniture we have ever bought. We love it!
Sorry the bedding is wrinkly I didn't feel like ironing it just to take pictures.

Dresser: We got this dresser for free from one of the colleges Kyle worked at. We refinished it and added new hardware. It was one of our 1st pieces of furniture and we love it!
Any decorating ideas for the dresser? I want to keep it very simple...but I'm thinking it looks a little bare.


Obviously there are still projects to be done including painting the closet doors and trim.

I also hate that the bed is blocking part of a window. It used to be caddy-corner between the two windows in the room, but after I added the bedside tables it would no longer fit diagonally. So, after trying many different arrangements this is the best option. I think what I want to do is get more white curtains and make a wall of curtains so it looks like a long window. What do you think? Any other suggestions for disguising the bed over the window?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Schenks! I love the fabric and how your bedside tables turned out. As far as advice. You could always add a cool tray to the top of the dresser to contain anything like watches or whatever. Also, a vase with fresh flowers or twigs in the winter always looks great. I think you may have somthing with extending the curtains longer than the window on the wall behind the bed. You could mirror the long window and curtains on the nearby wall. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the picture above your dresser? It's looks like a neat wedding keepsake! Nice room! Love the pillows the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Where is the blue fabric from?

    ReplyDelete