Monday, September 6, 2010

Favorite Baby Products

In Sawyer's first 1/2 year of life I have found several baby items that were suprisingly helpful (i.e. Sawyer favorites). All photos were borrowed from the respective product websites. Click on the pictures for a link to the original site.
Sound Machine
We use the Homedics Sound Spa Lullaby Relaxation Machine for Sawyer every night. You can choose from a variety of comforting sounds to provide white noise for a good night's sleep. Sawyer's preferred sound is the ocean. When I received this as a gift I was very skeptical about it's usefulness. But I was completely wrong. This small machine has provided me and Sawyer with many hours of rest.


Wooden Teethers
Our friends from KS make these adorable teethers and gave them to Sawyer as a baby shower gift. Sawyer has all sorts of bright and colorful toys, but his first choice is always his wooden giraffe.


Baby wrap
There are several different kinds of baby carriers. The above Lovey Duds is the wrap we have and it has been very handy. It works well when Sawyer wants to be held, but I need to use my hands. It was also a lifesaver during our flights to Florida and Kansas. It allowed me to carry him while also handling luggage. The most frequent use of the wrap is during our morning walks with two kids. During the weekdays I watch my niece, Gracie. When we take a walk I put Gracie in the stroller and Sawyer in the wrap. It makes for a great workout for me and it keeps both kids entertained.

Sleep sack
This has also bee an invaluable sleeping technique. Sawyer likes it nice and cozy when he sleeps. So, even in the summer we put him in pj's and the sleep sack to keep him toasty.

Space saving high chair
I love this high chair because it is very functional, it allows the child to sit at the table with the rest of the family, and it allows you to have one less huge piece of baby furniture.

Avent pacifiers
There are two positives for these pacifiers. 1) They are Sawyer's favorite. 2) They are the cutest. Of course they are also about the most expensive and they are formed for different age groups so you have to get new ones as the child ages. Thankfully we received these as a gift before Sawyer was born. And now that he can put the paci in by himself if he spots the pacifier it's a race to get it as fast as possible.

2 comments:

  1. My boys loved (and Levi still loves) the Avent Paci! :) I would love to see a pattern on that wrap, do you think it would be easy to sew? Also, we have a sit and stand stroller I should send your way. We aren't using it anymore and it has a ton of life left in it. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Sawyer loves his wooden giraffe so much!

    ReplyDelete