Monday, June 27, 2016

Fun with Friends {OK Science Museum}

A few weeks ago we had a really fun week when my friend (and a few of her kids ;) visited from Ohio. It was such a blessing to haver her in OK! While we are adjusting well in OK it takes time to build friendships and community, so it was sooooooo nice to have a friend around that we could skip all the pleasantries and just talk about life, our joys, our struggles. It was sooooo good for my extrovert loving soul. And I don't want to dwell on the negative…but lets just say I've been a little low since she left because it was a reminder of my lack of friends. On the positive side it has made me a bit more motivated to make friends here…

Now for the fun stuff! They were here for 5 days and we had a mix of low key downtime and fun activities. One of those fun activities was visiting the Science Museum. It was our 1st visit, but I had heard lots of good reviews and they didn't disappoint!


Our crew being silly and cute!



There were so many kids activities! I don't think we even made it through a 1/3 of the museum, but the kids had a blast! I bought a season pass because I think it will be a great activity for those 110 degree days.


They built paper airplanes and launched them.

Teamwork at its finest as they built a ball maze


We attended the science discovery show and Sawyer got to participate on stage. Lets just say he got a bit of a shock ;)


There were trains, planes and automobiles.


Testing out a cockpit


The life sized nail wall was also a hit!


There was so much more including a huge interactive play structure, building stations, music stations, etc. We can't wait to go back for more exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment