Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Was it Enough?

I wrote this a few weeks ago, but here are my thoughts on my oldest starting kindergarten…


This morning marked the final free morning we had before Sawyer begins going to school everyday (Pre-K). To mark the milestone we headed to the zoo and enjoyed a delightful morning with all 3 kiddos.

I’m not usually emotional about milestones, but this one took me by surprise. I kept thinking…


Did I do enough for him the past 5 years
Did I show him enough love
Did I read him enough books
Did I show him enough grace
Did I show him too much grace
Did I play with him enough
Did I teach him enough
Did I show him how to be kind
Did I show him how to be a good friend
Did I show him how to stand up for what you believe



After a brief breakdown and prayer I realized it doesn’t really matter what I did. God’s got this. He created him. He gave Sawyer his unique gifts (and struggles). He has a plan for him. I just need to trust in that plan and continue to point him to Christ. #mommyguilt #toobigtoofast #hedoesnotbelongtome


No comments:

Post a Comment