Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Baby Bed Birthday

For Nora's birthday present we restored Mema's baby bed. I've been on the look out for a baby bed for Nora, so when my MIL asked me if Nora would like her baby bed I jumped at the chance.

It was a little rough looking after years in storage and I'm sure it was covered in lead based paint ;) But it was still quite solid with the straight lines I love!

the baby bed before
the finished product
I sanded it down and spray painted the bed white. The pink cover with blue embroidery is the vintage cover my MIL used when she was a child!


I also made a new mattress and pillow to ensure the dolls comfort ;) Nora, unbeknownst to her, picked the mattress fabric (which I adore). And the pillow is made from a scrap of fabric from Kyle's grandmother's stash.



Nora adores her bed! And Jessie has taken up residence most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment