Friday, July 18, 2014

Kids Krafts


Snack bags: I've been meaning to make these for a long time. I used scrap fabric, which I love doing. The outside is cotton quilting fabric. The inside fabric is PUL, which is the same fabric they use for cloth diapers so it is water resistant. I also had the velcro from another project, so this project was free. 



Burp Cloths: This flannel style burp cloth was one of the first things I learned to sew. And after a recent project fail (I tried to make a dress for myself) I decided I wanted to do something simple and fun. Plus JoAnn's had a wonderful selection of flannel prints. It was hard to just choose a few. I made sixteen of these burp cloths and it was a fun, quick project that helped redeem my major project fail. I will give these as gifts to friends with new babes.



Bapron: this is a project I've had pinned forever. It's a bib/apron that protects children from the mess of eating a little better than a typical bib. The tutorial for the bapron can be found at Craftiness is Not Optional 


Fabric Storage Bucket: this is another project I've had pinned for awhile. When I saw the fox fabric at Joann's I could not resist it, but I didn't have a project in mind for it. When I got home I scoured my Pinterest boards and realized these fabric storage buckets from Film in the Fridge would be the perfect way to showcase my little fox fabric.



Summer Dress: I saw this dress and immediately knew I had to make it. I thought it was so adorable. Then I found this sweet flocked pink polka dot fabric and knew it would be a perfect fit for this dress. Nora does not need any new dresses this summer, but this pattern was a size 4-5 so it should work perfectly next summer. The pattern and tutorial are available at The Mother Huddle. I can't wait until it fits Nora!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! The Summer Dress and the Bapron look great. The fabric bucket storage sounds cool. I think I must try to make some of these things too.

    ReplyDelete