Saturday, July 5, 2014

Kids Krafts

These crafts were born out of my own imagination for my kiddos. Nothing earth shattering, but just some personal gifts for my kiddos.

Rainbow Dress: this is a sneak peak into Nora's birthday party, it is rainbow themed.  I purchased a red shirt from the consignment shop and added the remaining colors of the rainbow in the tiered skirt. I also cut off the sleeves and made the dress sleeveless to ensure maximum comfort for our August birthday girl.


Malone Stocking Cap: Kyle has several MU stocking caps and when I saw this red stocking hat on clearance for $.50 at Wal-Mart I knew I wanted to make a Pioneer stocking hat for Sawyer. I held onto the hat for awhile trying to figure out the right approach then one of Kyle's Malone polos was ruined in the wash and suddenly I had a professionally embroidered Pioneer symbol at my disposal. I simply cut out the logo leaving a little of the red polo around the edge then I sewed it onto the hat being careful to sew on the remaining red shirt piece so I didn't mess up the Pioneer logo. I think it turned out pretty good and the best part is Sawyer loves it. He's been wearing it around the house all summer :)


No comments:

Post a Comment