Wednesday, October 2, 2013

12 Weeks In A Flash



Now that the news is out here's a quick recap of the 1st 3 months.

  • We found out about baby #3 at the beginning of August. Actually the day before Nora's birthday.
  • I started getting nauseous and tired around week 7. This also happened to be the 1st week of football camp. Somehow by the grace of God we made it through those first few weeks of football. There was lots of eating out and spending time at football practice. There was also lots of movie watching so mommy could veg out on the couch. I kept the kids alive and fed but pretty much nothing else got done. My husband was a rockstar! He would come home after working 16-18 hours the house would be destroyed and he never complained, in fact he usually did the dishes or put the kids to bed. I'm pretty sure I did not clean the house or do the dishes for at least 3 weeks. It was gross, but I simply did not have the energy.
  • One thing I realized after a few weeks of nauseousness was that protein really helped. If I ate a handful or almonds, peanut butter or some meat the queasiness went away. Also, I never got sick until the afternoon/evening. The evening was always the worst. However, I felt terrific in the morning so I would try to cram in working out and kid fun in the morning because I knew I would be worthless in the afternoon.
  • My thyroid has been out of normal ranges since March. Long story short my body is all over the place, I recently switched endocrinologist and now I'm on 3 pills a day until we can get things regulated. An overactive thyroid increases your chances of a miscarriage so it's pretty imperative that I get this under control then I can stop taking the medicine for the remainder of the pregnancy.
  • The kids are excited! Sawyer throws out baby names all the time. I'll do another post with all of his suggestions. Nora doesn't really understand. I'll post a video soon demonstrating her denial.
  • I've been craving cereal, meat and ice cream.
  • Once I hit week 12 the sickness began to diminish but the extreme exhaustion still remains.
  • As evidenced by the last post I am still running and will continue to do so until my body gives out. I stopped at 20 weeks with Sawyer.
  • People keep telling me you pop out much faster with baby #3 and I sure hope they are right because I seriously felt pregnant by week 8. I've resisted maternity clothes but I did wear my 1st pair of maternity jeans this weekend (13 weeks). Happy to report they are still too big, but way more comfortable than my too tight jeans. I think I've already gained 5 pounds which is unusual for me this early, but refer to the above bullet about NEEDING protein to function :) I know with both the other kiddos I didn't wear maternity gear until 20 weeks. So either I blame this on being pregnant for a 3rd time or I should plan for a very large baby.
  • I had an ultrasound at 10 weeks and the baby was measuring right on target. The heart beat was 179 bpm. Then at my 12 week appointment they listened to the heart beat on the doppler and it was 180 bpm.

1 comment:

  1. You look awesome! So sorry you've been tired, but glad you're able to squeeze a workout/run and kid time in the morning when you're feeling up to it. Praying for you, mama! Rest rest rest and take care of yourself and precious family! :)

    ReplyDelete