Monday, December 21, 2009

Kansas Baby Shower(s)

The Friday after Thanksgiving Kyle's side of the family threw us a baby shower in Smith Center. It was a blast and just perfect for our LG. A big thanks to Candace, my sister-in-law for all the planning and decorating. Also, a big thanks to Aunt Marlene for letting us use her house. And thanks to Sheila, my mother-in-law, Audra, my sister-in-law, and all the other aunts and cousins that made it such a special evening. It was so fun to see people from back home that I rarely get to see. We ate, played a games (clothespin and how big I am), opened gifts, and chatted simultaneously. I loved it all!

The cake (orange and blue to match our nursery decor)
The food table with pictures of me and Kyle as small children with LG's ultrasound picture in the middle. It was so cute. This decoration incorporates the shower invitation. The invitation was so cute and original. To see the whole invite visit Candace's blog by clicking this link. She designed the invitation.
An adorable banner over the gift table.
A shot of the guests. There were so many people there!
Opening gifts
The quilt that Grandma Schenk lovingly made for LG.
Opening more gifts

LG received so many thoughtful, useful, and adorable gifts. We received burp clothes, clothes, 2 high chairs, changing pad, bundle me, the CAR SEAT, baby monitors, lots of diapers, the breast pump, and everyone also brought a book for LG to enjoy. We couldn't even fit everything in the car! In the next post I will introduce you to all the wonderful people who attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment