Thursday, November 5, 2009

29 weeks


How far along: 29 weeks (well 28 weeks and 6 days to be exact)
Total weight gain/loss: 16 pounds
Maternity clothes: almost exclusively
Sleep: great, unless I get a leg cramp then neither of us sleeps well :)
Best moment this week: talking to work about a part-time schedule after my maternity leave, they were very supportive and flexible, PTL
Movement: yes, some days more than others
Food cravings: not really
Belly button in or out: in, but I'm definitely seeing skin I've never seen before
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
What I'm looking forward to: The holidays and baby showers that are just around the corner. It will be fun to see lots of family and friends in the coming weeks.
Milestones: reaching the 3rd trimester
I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Thankfully it was pretty uneventful baby wise. His heartbeat is always consistent in the 150's and I'm measuring right on, so we know he is growing well. However, today was probably my least favorite doctor's appointment thus far. I received the swine flu shot and had to have my blood drawn (2 of my least favorite things ever). Thankfully, Kyle came with me to take care of me (i.e. divert my attention during the blood draw) and everything went pretty smoothly. It was also the appointment for diabetes testing and surprisingly the dreaded glucose drink was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. It was fruit punch flavored and it actually tasted pretty good.
Today was also the day it hit me...the nurse started asking me all these questions like: do you want an epidural, do you have a pediatrician, etc. At first I just gave her a blank stare and that's when it hit me, IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THIS BABY TO ARRIVE. The questions didn't even phase Kyle, but the rest of the appointment I just sat there dumbstruck with the realization that the time is drawing near. We also scheduled the rest of the doctor's appointments with the last one being the day before my due date!!! This is all very exciting, but in the moment I was pretty much freaking out.

2 comments:

  1. You are sooo cute! Sounds like everything is going well and the pace is starting to pick up a bit. :-) Relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great updates! And that's such a blessing about your work!! I'm doin PT and mostly from home...loving it! So glad your work was flexible about it. :)

    ReplyDelete