Thursday, May 9, 2013

Father's Day Card {Kids Kraft}


Last week was one of our Papa's birthday's so I decided to let the kids create a card for him (I realize Mother's Day is just around the corner, but now you can get prepared for Father's Day too :). If you have  small children and a special man your life who likes golf this might be the perfect handmade card for him. It would be perfect for a birthday or Father's Day.

The whole project was fun and even educational.

I don't know about your children but anytime I mention a craft they want hand tracing involved. So I obliged by tracing their hand on green paper to represent grass. I couldn't find the kid scissors so I cut the hands out but if you have kid scissors handy the kiddos could certainly handle the cutting.

They each picked their own paper and we talked about the different colors available. Sawyer drew a circle (great time to practice shapes) for the ball.

Then I cut out a golf club (or what I hope resembles a golf club).

While I was cutting Sawyer and Nora were drawing the sky on the card. On Sawyer's you can see the sky and clouds he drew. Nora's is a little more abstract :)

Then we glued everything down. What kid doesn't love to glue!

Ta da! Here is the finished product once again:




No comments:

Post a Comment