Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Craft Show

I recently participated in my first craft show. I wanted to do a craft show for 2 reasons: 1) a trial run to see how it all works and if it's a good idea for Fresh Regard 2) to rid myself of some of the OSU inventory I had left from the retail store. The end result was less than stellar. I made enough to cover my entrance fee and that's it :(

I think due to very poor advertising and signage nobody knew about the event. The last 2 hours there were maybe 5 people who came to the show.

Lesson learned! On the bright side I have lots of completed items in stock so I won't have to make many products in the coming weeks.

It was also good from a business standpoint to think about my products and displaying them in front of people, since I typically only sell online through pictures. Thanks to my husband for putting together the pallet display.

Here's what my table and displays looked like:


For my displays I utilized pallets, crates, a wooden chair, a wire magazine rack, baskets, and a 3 tier plate stand. I wanted to ensure my display had height and texture to create visual interest. Not pictured was an iPad I propped on the table that displayed a presentation of all my items.







I did learn a few lessons from my experience, if I ever decide to do another craft show I will do more research on the event and the coordinators to see if they have had success in the past and to determine if this is an established event with dedicated followers.  I will also look into the customer demographic to ensure the people coming to the event fit my target market.

No comments:

Post a Comment