Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Playing Catch Up

So last we spoke I was super busy putting out Etsy orders and my computer had crashed. Since then we've done a ton of fun Christmas activities, each experienced some sickness, traveled 1000's of miles, celebrated the birth of Christ, had fun family time and started a new year!

This is the longest break I've taken from blogging since I started in 2010 so I have a ton to catch up on. Bare with me as I recap some of our adventures for memories sake. I promise to get back to regular blogging soon!

Here are a few pictures and funny stories to tide you over.

I don't have any pictures to depict the next story but I've got to record it before I forget. One night Kyle had to make recruiting calls and I took the kids to the Malone basketball game. Sawyer and Nora were playing with friends at the end of the bleachers. I was chatting with their mother when I turned around and noticed Sawyer was no where in sight. I looked under the bleachers and he was walking under the bleachers and was about 1/2 across. I called for him to stop but he did not obey so I started running under the bleachers to retrieve him. Once he realized I was chasing him he took off running. When he reached the end of the bleachers I yelled for him to stop or he would face consequences. He turned, smiled and bolted. I knew it was over...as I reached the end of the bleachers I turned the corner and lunged for Sawyer as he ran onto the court. The game was in action on that end of the court and he ran right into the middle of the game as the players and referees tried to dodge his little body. At that point I decided if I ran onto the court I would only make the situation worse, plus I thought with all the action he would get scared and run off. I was wrong! At this point the refs stopped the game and he continued to run and laugh all the way to 1/2 court. Finally a friend of Kyle's ran onto the court and grabbed Sawyer. I just stood in shock in horror as they brought my laughing child too me. I promptly took him to Daddy's office and told him to deal with it. We now joke that Sawyer has played in a Division II basketball game. After much discipline Sawyer had to apologize to the coach at the end of the game. There is never a dull moment with that child.

One morning I was getting ready in our bathroom and the kids were playing (hiding) in our bed. It was really quite for a while so I stepped out to check on the kids...they had found a bowl of popcorn from the night before. And they decided to help themselves, but 1st they poured it all over our bed! It was hard for me to discipline them because I was laughing so hard :)



Nora's 1st popsicle


The kids builind forts with Daddy and then super Sawyer jumping on top to destroy the fort and very appropriately wearing his bird shirt :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back to blogging! :) What kind of computer did you guys end up going with? Sawyer's Division II basketball game story is hilarious! I am sure it was awful for you at the time as his mom, though. I know I would have been experiencing all kinds of emotions if I had been in your shoes - and I know Wes and I will have many of our own of these kind of stories with our boys. It's a priceless memory now! :)

    ReplyDelete