Saturday, January 26, 2013

Handmade Christmas Ornaments {tradition}

I may be setting myself up for failure but I try to make the kids an ornament each year. It's not going to be a hard and fast tradition. If I'm too busy to make them one year I will buy them, but I really want them to have a new ornament each year so when they leave the house they will have some ornaments for their own Christmas trees.

Ironically, I finished their Christmas ornaments from 2011 about 1 week before Christmas 2012. Oops, just one of those projects I started and never fully finished. I actually did 2 "last" year: onesies with their names and a silhouette.





This year I was a little more on the ball and I made their ornaments as we traveled to and from Kansas. I had lots of time to hand stitch :)

 The matryoshka doll was made using a tutorial from My Sparkle.

The Elmo I drew free hand onto felt pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment