Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Craftapalooza 2012

In December some friends and I had a day of crafting to get all our Christmas gifts ready. I love crafting with friends it's always so refreshing! Here's what I accomplished.
a crayon roll for my niece, Morgan

a birthday tie shirt for a friend
Sawyer's fort kit (printables from armommy), I sewed the bag and the ties on the sheet
ribbon and bow holder for Nora
I will have to update Nora's accessory holder with a picture now that it is being used. Quite cute if I do say so myself. Wish I had taken a before picture as it started out a gold and black frame with an ugly picture.

And I didn't make this project on the craft day but this was Sawyer's birthday present. A Sesame Street pillow case. He goes with me to JoAnn's quite a bit and sometimes to appease him we walk down the character fabric aisle. He loved this fabric but I would never buy any because I couldn't think of a project to use it for. I was talking to Kyle about it one night and he immediately suggested a pillowcase and I thought it was a perfect idea. Plus Sawyer needed a new pillow anyway.  I think he likes it because the other day after nap he said I got to sleep with 10 Elmos and 10 Grovers, and 10 Oscars...what a great way to look at it :)
Pillowcase made using the tutorial from The Cottage Home. It was super easy! This was also my first time doing french seams and once I got the hang of it it was easy. I realize the fabric is going the wrong direction but I don't think Sawyer cares and I'm cheap and didn't want to buy more material so it could face the proper direction.

1 comment:

  1. I just made Mackie a bow holder, too! I wish I would have done what you did. I simply used some leftover wide ribbon and stapled it to the back after spray painting an old frame watermelon pink. I have yet to put the bracket on the back and hang it in her room, but I'm happy that we will no longer be stuffing and searching through a drawer full of bows!

    ReplyDelete