Wednesday, August 3, 2016

32 weeks {#4}


How far along: 32 weeks
Total weight gain: 15 lbs.
Maternity clothes: yes
Sleep: okay…I fall asleep easily but the baby is on my bladder and I've been having very vivid dreams so I know I'm not sleeping super soundly.
Best moment this week: Nora's birthday
Movement: yes, all the time, the baby prefers the right side of my body and is constantly moving around
Food cravings: cereal and milk…both things I'm trying to stay away from :(
What I'm missing: being able to bend over easily…you never realize how much you bend down to get something until you're 7-8-9 months pregnant
What I'm looking forward to: school starting

I can't believe I only have 1 more of these updates! Today I'm 33 weeks. Since I last updated I've had 2 doctor appointments and an ultrasound. At the doctors appointments everything looked great. My blood pressure is good. The babies heart rate was 141 bpm at 30 weeks and 149 bpm at the 32 week appointment. 

Yesterday I had a growth ultrasound. The baby is head down (yeah!). The heart rate was 171 bpm which is really high for this little babe, but they were moving around all over the place. In fact during the ultrasound we could see them blinking so he/she was certainly awake and having a little party. Everything looked good and we are right on track. The baby weighed 3 lbs. 15 oz.

I'm at the point where it feels like the end is near, but we still have some time remaining. My nesting is in full gear. For instance I haven't sewn in 8 months and this weekend I broke out the sewing machine and cranked out 3 sets of curtains in 1 day ;) Also, my lower back is starting to ache :( This is completely normal but I am a little worried as we are entering into football season and much of the parenting will fall on my shoulders. I hope my lack of physical ability will not be a huge hinderance… Also, my energy is starting to wane…I'm trying to give myself grace in this department and not feel bad for taking a break during nap time or letting the kids watch a movie so I can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment