Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A day in the life

I've been meaning to do a "day in the life" post for years. I love looking back at past memories on the blog, but sometimes I want to capture what our everyday life looks like.

So, I few weeks ago I took 1 photo each hour to capture what my typical day looks like. In all honesty we have some crazy things going on (more on that soon) so it's not really a typical day, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what my SAHM/WAHM life looks like.

The alarm went off at 6:30 am and I ran downstairs to spend some time with this lady, my trusty Fitness Blender companion.

And by 7 am I had finished my workout for the day!

Then it was time to get the kiddos ready, but first we had to make time for snuggles and a family hug.

This particular day was a Tuesday and by 8:40 I had dropped off Sawyer, picked up a new kid ;) and was walking Nora and her friend into preschool.

At 9 am Kolter and I were running errands. First stop was Aldi...doesn't he look thrilled.

At 10 am we were still running errands and I was going crazy (from all the holiday errands) while Kolter enjoyed a snack. From there I dropped Kolter off at Daddy's office because I had a doctor's appointment.

By 11 am I was waiting in the doctor's office. I was having a skin tag removed. Not the most fun experience, but in all honesty a few minutes of quiet time in the waiting room with no children is kind of a thrill these days ;)

I got home from the doctor's office around 12:30 pm and walked into the house to find this...Kolter on the counter. Daddy had picked up the kids at school and fed them lunch already, so I was off lunch duty for the day.

1 pm - 4 pm is nap time and it involves a lot of these 2 machines. During any given nap time you can find me working on training development on the laptop or sewing for the Etsy shop.

By 4 pm the kids are awake or finished with rest time and they usually get a little screen time. I decided it was time to clean and purge the family room/play room/office.

Around 5 pm Daddy got home and we started making supper and cleaning up the kitchen. I attempted to pour a bag of popcorn in a didn't go very well ;)

At 6 pm the big kids and I were doing some holiday baking for friends and a class party. They requested M&M cookies and I was happy to oblige.

Not the best picture, but the only one I got of them doing their work
Today also happened to be my monthly girls night! I look forward to this day all month! And this happened to be a special girls night because it was at our house and it involved my 5 friends ridding my house of all the junk I no longer wanted. I thought they were just going to help me sort, but no they took it all away (they took some, some went to a garage sale pile at a friend's house and some went to the trash). It was such a relief to have it all gone! Girls night took up much of the evening from 7 pm until 11 pm.

After the girls left I ended my evening by wrapping up the cookies and reading my Advent lesson for the day.

Not the most exciting day, but it will be fun to look back and see what my everyday life looked like with 3 little kiddos and 3 jobs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment