Friday, December 18, 2015

Holiday Crafts

Below are a couple of crafts I've made over the past few months…some were gifts, others were Christmas presents, and I even made something for our holiday decor.

For a recent bridal shower the bride had registered for linen dish towels. Well instead of paying $30 for 2 dish towels I decided to make my own. I also had some fun polka dot trim remnants that I used to make a hanging loop. Sweet and practical…my favorite!

For my nieces birthday I created a coordinating skirt and baby doll dress

 Nora's been asking for a mermaid blanket for a long time, so she helped me pick out the fabric in the summer. Then I made it and hid it until Christmas. I can't wait to see her face when she opens her very own mermaid tail blanket!


During the fall months Sawyer's teachers commissioned me to create autumn inspired buntings. Here are 2 of the 5 I made.


And I made this string art (which is now part of our Christmas decor) at a girls craft night

Over Thanksgiving break the kids got in on the craft action.
I cut out a bunch of holiday fabric scrap strips
 Then the kids painted the canvas and arranged the fabric in a tree shape

This is the finished product after I hot glued the fabric on
I've also been obsessed with making no-crease hair ties…lots of my friends have received a set this holiday season!
I cut all my elastic
Then tied the ends and voila…finished product
For teacher gifts I used more of my scrap fabric to create a different take on the bunting.



Truth be told I only made 2 out of the 5 I intended to make :( But these 2 are pretty cute ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment