Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pillows {Downstairs Update}

During the day I spend a lot of time in the basement family room with the kids.  It's the room that houses all the entertainment (tv, computer, toys, etc) and every time I sat on the couch I was disgusted with the throw pillow situation.  So one day I decided enough was enough I searched my fabric stash and found 3 coordinating fabrics and turned them into pillow slipcovers to hide the ugly, beat up pillows that were adorning the couch.

It all began with these graphic yellow and white fabric napkins.

2 napkins
+
an old, ugly pillow
= a fun new couch accessory


These pillows had also seen better days. Notice the blue one is ripped on one side. But once I put on a new slipcover they look brand new.  Whenever I make a pillow slipcover I always use the tutorial from Sparkle Power.





























It was a small update but I love the  new graphic punch on the couch.  The colors aren't my typical style, but they go with the kid friendly vibe of the room.  The thing with all the furnishings in this room are they must be kid friendly and these are because I can simply take off the cover and throw them in the wash if they get dirty. Plus I didn't invest any money into the project so I won't be crushed if they get ruined. And the best part, I no longer have to look at the ugly pillows sneering at me on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Love! If I were to give you measurements of some of my beat-up pillows could you make me some covers?! :)

    ReplyDelete