Saturday, November 17, 2012

3-0

Wednesday I turned the big 3-0! As my husband would tell you I actually celebrated my birthday several months ago when I went to Mexico with a friend. So thankful for that wonderfully relaxing girls trip.

However, I have done some celebrating over the past week. Last Thursday I was surprised by a group of friends who took me out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. We had wonderful food and just sat for hours having adult conversation without children interrupting.

About a month before my birthday Kyle announced he would be going to California on a recruiting trip the week of my birthday. I was bummed but what could I do? Well unbeknownst to me his trip was cancelled. He kept it a secret for a few weeks but after the last football game he told me so we went on a date on my birthday! He had it all planned and we had a wonderful dinner at B Spot in Cleveland.  It's a Michael Symon restaurant I have been wanting to try...I may be a little obessessed with Mr. Symon.

Before our date


me enjoying my Italian inspired gourmet burger

All in all it was a pretty low key birthday. In fact I worked most of the day in Cleveland. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I was reminded of all my blessings...staying home with the kids, my contract jobs, our church, family, friends, our home, etc.


It is funny to me because I have always assumed turning 30 would be a huge milestone but now that I have reached that age I realize my life is so full I barely have time to slow down and reflect or have a mid-life crisis :) I am so thankful for all my family and friends, our church, my (mostly) sweet kids, and my wonderful husband who is there for me through all of life's ups and downs. Like I said I haven't really had a moment to reflect so I can't really say where I saw myself at this point in life but I can honestly say I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

As my husband so appropriately said "Burgers, beaches (i.e. Mexico), and my babes what more could a girl ask for on her birthday?" So true! Looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me and my family in my 30's.

2 comments:

  1. I still wish we would have gotten a picture of you with all the girls. Sorry I really messed up on that one.

    ReplyDelete