Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dirty Little Secret

One room of the house I've never displayed on the world wide web... Our laundry/storage room. It is not the most beautiful room in the house but it serves a very important function. The downside is it became a dumping ground. Here it is in all its messy glory.

the chaos before the clean-up
I found myself constantly trying to organize this room and I could never seem to find a system that worked until now. We received some new shelves from a friend that was moving so decided it was time to tackle this room. I spent an afternoon sorting, purging and organizing. Now everything has a place, it is easy to access and we have room to move around.



It's actually refreshing to walk in there. And it is so nice now that everything is easily accessible. There are still a few changes I want to make like getting rid of the antique curtains that have been there since the house was built. But that will have to wait until football season is over.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Don't you feel so much more free? :-) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's so freeing. We miss you too. I was just thinking about you today and started writing you a FB message then of course I got distracted. Need to do that soon to see how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete