Monday, June 4, 2012

Camping {Day 1}

This weekend we went camping. I'm talking tent camping in the woods with no flushable toilets.  You could call it rustic.  I am so not a camper, but my husband's idea of a grand time is going into the woods with only the clothes on his back, a fishing pole and hatchet for a week.  So, when the church announced it was hosting a camping trip I psyched myself up and signed us up.  I was bound and determined to make some family memories!  And in the end I really enjoyed it (so did everyone else)! 

I'll narrate our weekend through pictures.  

We left on Friday afternoon to drive to the state park.  It had rained all day and it was pretty cold.  We didn't really prepare for the cold weather well, but we made it through the evening.


When we arrived Kyle and some friends set up our campsite.


Here is our tent all set up.  We received lots of camping gear (including the tent) as wedding gifts.  This was the first time it was out of the box.


On Friday night we met at the pavilion (I think there were around 60 people, 30 or so were children) for tacos.  It was cold, wet and windy, but the food was tasty.



After supper Sawyer enjoyed some time at the camp playground while Nora froze in the stroller.

 Once we got back to the campsite everyone started fires and we sat around and talked.  Once the kids got tired we made our way to the tent.  Nora slept in the pack'n'play in the van.  Kyle, Sawyer and I slept in the tent.  I was nervous about Sawyer sleeping in the tent but he was actually really excited to sleep in the tent so he did very well.  The first night was pretty cold but we managed to get some sleep in preparation for our big day on Saturday.


1 comment:

  1. Camping always seems to be colder than you'd expected. But I'm sure everyone had a blast anyway! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete