Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm ONEderful

We'll get to my monthly happenings, but first for your viewing pleasure:













Hey all! The other day I turned one and I thought I would update you on the happenings in my life.
  • According to the doctor I weigh 18.5 lbs. and measure 27 3/4 inches long, which is in the 5th and 3rd percentile respectively.
  • I have 6 teeth.
  • I walk exclusively and have even perfected walking backwards. Running is just around the corner.
  • I usually sleep through the night, but I now insist on having a pillow for added comfort.
  • I love to listen to music and dance.
  • I finally gave in to mommy's begging and started saying momma. I also say dada, all done, one (if forced too), and please sometimes.
  • I like to mimic everything daddy does so if he howls like a wolf I howl, if he says one over and over I will say one. And I especially like it when he laughs because I can do that too.
  • I wear mostly 12 month tops, but I have short little legs and a skinny waist so most of my pants are 9 months.
  • I can now get on and off riding toys, which has opened up a whole new world of recreation for me.
  • Mommy put me in time-out for the first time this month. She was fed-up with my antics so she set me in time-out. Now I did not like that one bit and I let her know about it, but I took the punishment like a man and sat there until Mommy came and got me.
  • I love patty cake. I can even do the actions all by myself. See how much I love it in the video below.
  • I don't know where this year has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was nice and snug in mommy's tummy. But it's been a great year of growing and learning and I can't wait to see all the fun stuff I get to do in the coming year.

Untitled from Kristen Schenk on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! So much change in the first year. And it sounds like you have a perfect lil' toddler on your hands now :) Age 1, the 2nd year, is my all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete