Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Picture of a Little Girl...

is no longer.

I am a sucker for a good deal @ our local Habitat for Humanity Restore. They had a sale on frames and I was searching for a large chunky frame. I left the store with a monstrosity of a picture. It was so ugly I forgot to take a picture, but it's similar to the one below.

In all it's gilded gold glory.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it or where it was going to go, but I kept it in the middle of the living room until I had an epiphany (or I saw something I liked on a blog).

It took me many weeks to get up the courage to transform this ugly duckling into something beautiful. But this quick and easy project turned out better than I could have imagined.

The once outdated picture is now a chalkboard! Actually a very large chalkboard that resides on our mantel.

All I did was use 3 coats of spray chalkboard paint. Once that was dry I taped off the chalkboard and applied 2 coats of spray primer and 2 coats of white spray paint.

The total cost was $6!

The current quote is Thanksgiving inspired:
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

It should be fun putting different Bible verses or quotes on the chalkboard that reflect our family or the season.

1 comment:

  1. So can I blame you for wanting to turn everything into a chalk board?

    ReplyDelete