Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Birthday Weekend


Not only was the past weekend the final football game of the season, but it was also my birthday. Kyle did a great job making it a special weekend.

On Saturday after the game we were getting ready to go to a end of the season party when the whole Schenk clan arrived for a surprise celebration. We went to eat at Outback and then back home to have cupcakes from a local cupcake shop. I had a Smore's cupcake and it was delish. I also received a garage door opener (just the clicker, we already had the actual contraption on the garage door).

On Sunday, my actual birthday, I awoke to rain and dread. Some time ago I volunteered to run a 5k on my birthday. When I woke on Sunday I really didn't feel like running, but I figured since I was up I might as well go. I have been training (loosely) with a friend. Due to early morning football practices we haven't had a chance to practice very much and the most we have run is 2 miles. But we were determined to do it...our goal was to finish and we did :) My previous marathon running self would be very embarrassed by our time, but I don't really care. I ran 3 miles for the 1st time since June and I'm very happy with that. Following the race the event organizers supplied beer, brats, and hot dogs. It was 9:00 am and I had just run a grueling race...needless to say the idea of eating hot dogs was not appealing...instead I went home and ate a cupcake :)

When I got home my 2 babes greeted me wearing birthday hats. We went to church, out to lunch, and then home to relax (with no homework). The boys napped while I worked on crafts. It was a perfect birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Kristen. Sounds like your boys made it an extra special day. And congrats on your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love keeping up with you and your family!! Thanks for sharing your life. I am glad that you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete