Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Kitchen Saga Continues

I wanted to wait until the final reveal, but I couldn't contain my excitement. Here's a little snippet of the "before" and our work thus far:

Oh vintage stove and orangey wood cabinets how I do not miss you.

Sadly, the outdated mauve tile backsplash and lace curtains had to go.

Removing the cabinet doors and sanding down the cabinets made our kitchen a mess.

The big hole where the old stove once set.
Now a beautiful new oven/stove has taken up residence.

Bye, bye backsplash and unfortunately the drywall went with it.

Hello, new drywall and white cabinets

It doesn't look like this anymore, but you will have to wait until we're done for more pictures. I can't wait!

The cabinets are finished. The walls are painted. The "new" dishwasher is installed. The lighting has been changed. We still have to install countertops, backsplash, and floors, and add a few new appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment