Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nervous?

Disclaimer: my apologies if this doesn't make sense, just something I've been mulling over lately. If you don't want to hear my incoherent ramblings you might want to stop here.

I'm 27 weeks along (exactly 3 months until the due date!) and one of the most common questions people ask is "Are you nervous?"

I always think, should I be nervous? Why do they keep asking that?

To be quite honest I'm not nervous and that makes me nervous. You see I am a Type A person that likes to have things planned. However, planning has seemingly been thrown out the window for this stage of my life. I have yet to read a baby book, start decorating the nursery, write a birth plan, go to birthing classes, find day care, etc. The list could go on and on.

I always hear you can't plan anything with a baby...so maybe my lack of planning is a blessing. If I had a plan that wasn't working I would probably become frustrated...so maybe it's best if I just don't have a plan.

Luckily, someone does have a plan and at this point I'll just try and rest in the fact that He knows best! In fact, I'm feeling very blessed to have this peace (hopefully it continues once the baby arrives :) I'm quite happy to be oblivious to all the stuff I "should" be doing.

One thing I have been planning is a little art project for the nursery and here's a sneak peek:

Amy Butler, August Fields Collection, Fresh Start in Tangerine
I love this fabric...do you think it's too girly for a boy's nursery?

7 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel. I found it best to just do what you can and the rest will fall into place. Beniah's room is still just "there". We haven't really done much to it yet. Oh well, he is a happy, healthy baby and that is all we care about. :-) This Type A girl is learning to be a little less Type A all of the time. :-) PS: I love the fabric and no, I don't think it is too "girly".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the best way to go. I had no birth plan except to tell troy that once she comes out to stand by her so she is not alone. He did an amazing job and Kyle will be great also. I did not want music and I wanted the doctor and Troy to tell me when. Not having done it before I did not even know what I would want. And if I did it again I would not change a thing. This is the best relaxing time to know and let god be the one in control. And no you should not be nervious, people are stupid and ask weird questions. You will do fine. Seriously!

    ps~I think the only thing we decided before we went was if Troy was going to cut the cord or not, not even the baby's outfit was for sure I had a back up just in case. And you know me I like a list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that having the distraction of the fb season was helpful in my trying not to plan/anticipate with Levi. As for the fabric, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great Kristen, who cares if nothing is "done" yet! At least the baby doesn't know the difference. I love the fabric, it's perfect!
    I can't wait to 'meet' your little guy, I hope it's in person one day too!!
    Hope you are feeling good still!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is A-ok! Everyone is different! I did not have a birth plan with either of my children {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! You've all been a great encouragement :) I'm glad I'm not the only one (sometimes it feels that way especially when you're surrounded by so many pregnant people). Thanks again, you guys are great!
    I'll be sure to post pictures of the fabric project once it's done.

    ReplyDelete