Thursday, October 1, 2009

Frustrated...

We were scheduled to have our "heart" ultrasound today. Now that he is 24 weeks the doctor should be able to determine if there really is a 2nd hole in his heart. So after waiting a month Kyle and I went to the ultrasound and patiently waited for the tech to finish. We knew from last time she wouldn't say anything and we had to wait for the doctor. It was fun to see the baby again, but mainly we just wanted to see the doctor to find out the results. After 15 minutes of waiting for the doctor we were notified that she was in an emergency c-section and had 3 other deliveries today...so we had to reschedule the appointment and wait for a phone call about the ultrasound. After anxiously waiting all day I called the doctor's office right before they closed to see if the doctor had a chance to review the images. She never came into the office. They informed me the earliest I might hear is tomorrow afternoon. :(

I am extremely disappointed to say the least. I held it together at the doctor's office, but then I lost it. I waited so patiently all month and as most people can attest patience is not my strong suite. I tried not to worry and just pray and trust God in this situation. I know He has a plan and I tried to rest in that fact. So, in my mind I knew I just had to make it to October 1st...then when we finally reached that date I still don't have an answer. The baby is growing right on pace and even if he has some special needs I know we as a family will be fine. I'm not really worrying about the situation because I know God can heal and if that is not His will He will take care of the baby, me, and Kyle. BUT, it's so hard to be patient now that I know the answer is right there they just won't tell us!

Okay, enough of my venting. I just really want to know! But on the bright side we got to see Baby Schenk today and he is definitely getting bigger. He was hiding from the camera and all curled up in a ball, but the tech was able to take measurements and he is growing right on target except his legs are actually one week ahead in growth (maybe he'll be tall). Today he weighed in at 1 lb. 7 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment