Saturday, September 26, 2009

12 Years Ago

12 years ago today I had my first date. It was Homecoming 1997 and this super cute guy asked me to the dance at the very last minute. This guy had the prettiest blue eyes, the most adorable dimples, and HUGE muscles...just what a high school freshman girl dreams of.

Who would have thought that after one date I would be hooked forever? Sure he had the looks, but who knew he was so much more :)? Over the years he went from being my first date, to my first love, to my best friend, to my husband, and now very soon he will be a dad. Wow, I can't believe how much God has truly blessed me with this man!

I love you honey and thanks for asking me to the dance! I'll say "yes" every time. You were and are the best date ever (literally, since you're the only person I've ever been on a date with :) You're not only the best date, but you're also the best husband ever! And I can't wait until your a daddy because you'll be great at that too. We've come a long way since that first date and I can't wait to see what God's plans look like for the next 12 years!

Homecoming 1997

We look so little and awkward...and so much for my huge muscle comment...he looks scrawny :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love it! Thanks for Kyle and Kristen throwback! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My GOSH!! This is SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete