Monday, August 10, 2009

The "Theme"

Okay, if you know me well, you know I hate themes (i.e. weddings, nurseries, etc.). I am much more interested in the feel of the room or event. I'm also typically all about clean lines and simplicity. However, the nursery furniture we chose has thrown me through a loop. The nursery furniture is very traditional. We chose traditional so we could continue to use for the furniture for many years to come. Anyway, now my thoughts on baby bedding and nursery have shifted drastically. I had to remove myself from the ultra contemporary to a more muted and simple approach. Since we don't yet know the sex of Baby Schenk (i.e. Spencer, Jewel, whatever you want to call them :) I have developed 2 strategies.

If Baby Schenk is a little (stressing the little part) boy the nursery colors will be light blue and orange with some neutrals mixed in. The baby bedding is JJ Cole -- Blue Bullseye.

Image courtesy of All Modern Baby http://www.allmodernbaby.com/JJ-Cole-CBBB-JJC1089.html.


If Baby Schenk is a little girl (this is my guess) the nursery will have a vintage feel with light blue and red decor. I have searched high and low for baby bedding that matches my vision and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. However, I have found fabric that would be perfect, so I might have the bedding custom made. The fabric is the Darla Collection from Tanya Whelan for Grand Revival. I love the vintage look, however I do not want it to feel like the Fourth of July. Here's the vision.Images courtesy of http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com
In a few weeks we'll find out which direction we're going.

No comments:

Post a Comment