Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Notes from the Underbelly: Part I


So I don't forget...

May 7, 2009: Wasn't feeling "normal" so decided to take a pregnancy test on a whim...it was negative.

May 14, 2009: Still wasn't feeling quite right, so I decided to take another pregnancy test. Kyle was with me and we decided we would run the test and then not look at it for a full five minutes. As I handed it to Kyle to lay on the counter the line immediately changed! We just stared at each other in complete disbelief, hugged, then stared some more.

June 11, 2009: 1st doctor's appointment (8 weeks). Basically just an informational session with the nurse. Advised not to go to China and prohibited from getting any immunizations.

June 25, 2009: 2nd doctor's appointment (10 weeks). We had our 1st ultrasound and confirmed there was only one (what a relief...I hadn't even thought to be worried about that). The baby was very active moving all over the place. The technician could barely get the measurements. We met our doctor for the first time and she determined the due date is January 22, 2010.

July 1-13 2009: Went to China to teach English and play in orphanages while demonstrating God's love.

July 30, 2009: 3rd doctor's appointment (15 weeks). We (briefly) got to listen to the baby's heart beat. It was 169 bpm and the nurse immediately proclaimed "that's a girl's heart beat." We'll soon find out if she is right. The doctor said everything looked fine. I have not gained any weight, but I can tell my body is changing (I think the big indicator is the difficulty buttoning my pants :).

September 3, 2009: next doctor's appointment and we get to see if Baby Schenk is a he or a she!

And now I leave you with the first shots of the newest Schenk family member! Sorry for the quality they were scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment