Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Football Transition

Signs football season has officially arrived:
  • The only time you see your husband is when you visit him at his office.
  • The laundry pile becomes more stinky.
  • You look forward to dinner dates at the cafeteria.
  • Your husband loses his voice.
  • Your topic of conversation revolves around who is hurt and who lifted weights this summer.
  • Cereal is the main supper meal.

Despite this annual transition I am so blessed that my husband has a job he is passionate about. I love that he can pour himself into a sport, but most importantly he can pour himself into the lives of his players. I know he has a deep love for football and could spend countless hours watching film or talking about the sport. However, I know he has an even deeper love for Christ and strives to show his players the love of Christ and how to be men of character. So, while the start of football season is a major transition from an eternal perspective it is well worth it!

I can't wait to see him invest his playful spirit and his love for Christ into our child just like he invests in his guys. The thought thrills me, especially when I look at this recent picture from China.


Is it a coincidence both of these recent pictures are with little girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment