Friday, December 8, 2017

Lovisms

With each kid I find a special way to say I love you. We do it each night when I tuck them in and I cherish this little, unique way we show love to each other.


I always tell Sawyer...Loves to the doves!
The kid appreciates a rhyme and we've been saying this for years to signify how big we love one another. I don't remember when it started, but it's a play on love you to the moon and back, but a rhyming version.


One time when Nora was 2 I was tucking her into bed and she said to me "I love your face!" and it has stuck. Every night I look in her eyes and tell her I love her face. It has nothing to do with her beauty (though she is beautiful) it signifies that I love to see her, to be in her presence and to experience life with her.


When Kolter was 2 he leaned into my ear and screamed, "best mommy ever!" And now every night I lean into his ear and whisper "best Kolter everrrrrr!" and he reciprocates by leaning into my ear and whispering "best Mommy everrrrr!" It's so sweet and after a long day that often involves disobedience and discipline it's such an uplifting thing to hear!


Evy and I haven't developed our lovism yet, but as she starts to talk and her personality comes through I think we'll find our own unique way to say I love you!

We also use nicknames all the time as terms of endearment. Here's a few examples of their nicknames:

Sawyer: Soy, Soy bean, Soy sauce, Soy dog, squirrel

Eleanora: Nora, Nora new, Nora newser, Nornie, Norski, Ra-ra

Kolter: Koko, Koltie, Kokomo, Kokomo Joe, Squeaks

Evelyn: Evy, Eva, Evster, Evy Kay, Elin

No comments:

Post a Comment