Friday, August 11, 2017

Sunroom {Before & After}

The sunroom is 98% done!!!

When we purchased the house we knew this room needed some serious work, so we basically piled things in there, shut the door and never used it. It was full of mold and bugs so it just sat there. Then we decided to make it our summer project!

Here's where the room began:

And the game plan was to remove the bay window and add a French door, remove the old door and enclose it, new floors, new paint, new blinds.

First up was removing the mold filled bay window. Kyle loves a demo project and the kids love to "help."

This was our first diy that included a large, gaping hole in the house...and we had to do it twice. Once with the window and once with the door.

This is a shot of the middle of the process: new door installed, new tile floor laid, drywall work done. Now time for a lot of paint!

And here's the finished product: minus the blinds (which have now been installed) and some artwork that we haven't had a chance to complete.

We had our old couch in this room, but it was too big for the space. Since we knew this was going to be the playroom we wanted some more covered storage so we decided a daybed would be the perfect solution for this space. We found a great deal on Craigslist! Kyle modified the bed. I painted it, made a cover (from an Ikea duvet set) and now we have a new "couch" that doubles as a bed for guests and has great toy storage!

We added a rug for softness then we brought all the toys in!

This was our first time laying floor tile and while it took quite a bit of work it wasn't hard and we saved a ton of money doing it ourselves. We love the look!

We LOVE how it turned out!

Now we just need to get some artwork on the walls and we can call this one done!

No comments:

Post a Comment