Wednesday, August 23, 2017

One Year Later...Entryway/Office

Returning to our house series lets take a look inside at the entry way and the office area.

There are no true before pictures of the entry way. The only one I have is a shot of the hideous green tile on raised floor of the entryway as it was being destroyed by Kyle ;) When we purchased the house it had green granite and marble tile flooring in the entryway. I knew it had to go, but that turned into a bigger job than we expected. Kyle had to basically jack hammer up the original, very sturdy, tile.

Once it was gone we had to pour concrete to level out the bricks that were beneath it (that was a surprise) then finally we could lay the wood flooring. We did consider removing the raised portion, but then we would have had to lower 3 doors and remove the concrete step out front...eeks. So we chose to keep the raised entryway and just lay the same flooring so it felt cohesive. All of this work was done before we moved in.

After:

While this is a very small space it's one of my favorites in the whole house because I think it really portrays my style. It has a modern feel (wood flooring, new doors, brass finishes, etc.) but it also incorporates some vintage (the "S" was found at a local antique store the light is original to the house) and some sentimental (I purchased that rug in Morocco when I was visiting in college). I love a modern, clean feel with a touch of vintage charm. Also, I painted the ceiling alcove above the light and I love that touch of whimsy!

Next up is the front room/living room/office...technically I think this is considered a living room, but as you will see we already have 2 living room spaces so we decided to dedicate this room to our office space.

Before: cheap laminate floors, mold (which we promptly removed) and celery green walls

After: we painted the walls SW Repose Gray, laid wood flooring and built a desk

This is the view looking from the front door. The couch and rug are temporary. The couch is a piece of our old sectional we are getting rid of on the next trash day. Eventually we will have another desk on that wall for Kyle. My desk is to the right and I love all the storage I have for craft supplies and such.


The view of the office and entryway from the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment