Wednesday, August 30, 2017

One Year Later...dining & living room

Next up on our house tour is the dining room and living room.

Dining room before: cheap laminate floors, celery green walls, a poorly painted built-in.



Dining Room After: new wood floors, new paint color (soft blue/green), fresh coat of paint on the built-in plus a navy background to show off my white dishes. This room still needs a proper dining table ;) and some artwork.


From the moment I saw this built in I knew I wanted to paint the back of it navy to showcase my white dishes. I love how it turned out! I know the lighting in these pictures is not great (there's no window in this room) so it's hard to get the full effect, but I love it. And just to let you in on a little secret I didn't actually paint the built-in. I painted foam board and cut it to size. That way if I ever want to change the color it's a quick fix!



Living Room Before: cheap laminate floors, a gigantic light on the wall, baby poo colored walls.



Living Room After: new wood floors, a fresh coat of gray paint, built-ins and wainscoting painted a bright white and the huge light removed. Still to do: new mantle, installing a few trim pieces, adding more lighting, getting rid of the old school tv, and perhaps painting the fireplace.



real life: the crash pad is almost always in here


No comments:

Post a Comment