Friday, April 27, 2012

Random Tidbits

Nora is a master stair climber, slide climber, and stander.  It would be nice if she would start walking more so all of these other activities would be a bit safer.

I recently ran my first race since Nora was born.  It was a 5K on Malone's campus. I've been running pretty consistently, but the week of the race I developed tendonitis in my foot.  I'm rather prone to tendonitis and get it often but it was discouraging for it to flare up right before the race. So on race day I had very low expectations.  But thankfully after the first quarter mile the pain in my foot went away.  I was able to run with a friend who really pushed me and I finished ahead of my goal time.  I can't believe I'm going to tell you this...lets just say with each child I've gotten much slower...my goal time was 3 miles in 30 minutes.  I haven't even looked up my official time but when we ran across the line it said 28 minutes 45 seconds.  So, I exceeded my goal on a hilly course and I was quite happy with the effort.  Though I was humbled after the race by the fact that my body was DONE for the rest of the day it was like I had run 13 miles not 3 :) And even though it was an insignificant race I still had the old, all too familiar race day pit in my stomach.  I don't know why I subject myself to it...oh how I loathe that feeling.

Sawyer loves to help me cook.  The other night he was helping me fix dinner by pouring ingredients in the pot.  He poured in some oregano and before I could stop him he reached in and pulled some out and put it in his mouth.  His expression was priceless!  But immediately following that he started gagging.  I quickly ran and scraped the spice out of his mouth and then he begged for water.  I think he learned his lesson.
Here's the cook in action making garlic bread
I'm not sure it I've mentioned it before but Eleanora is a momma's girl.  She is quite literally attached to my leg most of the day. As evidenced by the pictures below.  This attachment often makes it difficult to complete tasks, but truth be told I'm enjoying the extra loving by my little girl.  I know it will all end when she realizes there are cooler people in this world :)


I finally bought Nora some shoes!  It's not that she doesn't already own shoes in fact she has quite a selection.  But in her first 9 months of life I think I put shoes on her a total of 2 times.  Why you ask?  Well the girl's got some narrow feet and I couldn't find any that would stay on for more than .2 seconds. Since she is now walking I figured it was time to get serious about shoes.  Some friends suggested Robeez. I tried them and they stayed on her foot but were very floppy and loose, plus she cried hysterically when I put them on.  Then I broke down and did something I swore I would never do...I tried Stride Rite shoes on her feet.  Much to my dismay they fit!  I have deep seated issues with Stride Rite shoes because I too have very narrow feet and when I was a little kid they were the only shoes that fit, but they were not the cool kind of shoes.  That's the brand my mom insisted on buying me because they fit properly and all I wanted were cute shoes like bright pink jelly's!  I've had very strong opinions about my fashion since about the age of 2 :) So as much as it pained me I bought the Stride Rites at a consignment sale.  Hopefully I don't traumatize Nora :)

No comments:

Post a Comment