Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bathroom Inspiration

As we near the end of the bathroom remodel I get to start doing the fun stuff...styling the bathroom!  This bathroom is the main house bathroom.  It is the largest in size and it will be used by the children and guests.  So I have to keep a few things in mind when decorating this bathroom:

1) I need to keep it semi-neutral for resale purposes.
2) It needs to be kid friendly (i.e. not a bunch of breakables).
3) It needs to be inviting for guests.
4) It needs to be functional and have good storage to keep all the kids bath toys out of sight.

So here are a few inspiration pictures:
Love the dark vanity with the white countertop


I may add some ruffle to the shower curtain for a little feminine feel in this neutral bathroom.  I've seen shower curtains with horizontal ruffles, but I thought it might be interesting to do something with a vertical ruffle. I'm thinking a white shower curtain to enhance the clean feel and play off of the white trim, toilet, and sink.


via Design Seeds
And these are a few color schemes that caught my eye.

I will add color through the accessories.  For art I'm going to hang prints from our travels.  And I think I will bring in a pop of dark turquoise in the hand towels and accessories to add a little more color.




Oh the fun has begun...can't wait to show you the final reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment