Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentine's Wreath

The burlap wreath has once again been reinvented...this time for Valentine's Day.


I took apart the argyle and strung these Target heart shaped Christmas ornaments across the wreath for a bunting effect.  The ornaments were 3 for 10 cents at the Target Christmas clearance.  So the total cost for the wreath was 20 cents!


And here it is as a fall wreath and a spring wreath.

I love versatile decorating objects!

And just for fun here's the Valentine inspired mantle.  I have never decorated for V-day (not really sure this would be considered decorating for the holiday) but I had fun putting a few touches of hearts in the house.



I strung a few of the heart shaped ornaments in an empty frame.  I also repurposed the wooden red ball garland we use at Christmas.  Then I hung a strand of book paper hearts to complete the look.  It was inspired by some friends at craft night and literally took 5 minutes to make!

I love the monochromatic look with a touch of red. 



1 comment:

  1. the clock and candle holders are super cool too! you have a knack for putting together the coolest stuff :)

    ReplyDelete