Sunday, January 15, 2012

Elmo Loves Sawyer {Party Details}

To say my son is obessessed with Elmo would be an understatement.  I've heard him wake up in the middle of the night crying out for Elmo.  When he wakes in the morning the 1st thing he wants is Elmo.  He gets very excited when he discovers an Elmo book.  I could go on and on.  So when his 2nd birthday rolled around I had no option...I had to throw an Elmo themed party.  I wanted to do something low key that focused on Sawyer getting to play with his friends so we held a play date on a Friday morning and then invited family to come for lunch during the play date.

Here are the party elements:


An Elmo shirt







A new tradition: the birthday banner, it's reversible boy on 1 side girl on the other

The mantle using stuff from around the house and a dollar tree elmo balloon

Food table


Elmo cupcakes

Chocolate chip cookies in honor of Cookie Monster

Goldfish in honor of Elmo's best friend Dorothy 

 And our very own Dorothy...I think the real goldfish was the major attraction at the party and Sawyer is quite smitten...I think we have our 1st pet

Utensils rolled and tied with an Elmo printable 


 Party games: Oscar's trash toss and Big Bird's balloon game

 Despite my initial qualms about a theme party I really had fun planning this event.  I got several ideas from Pinterest so here is a source list or you can visit my pinterest page and view the 2nd birthday party board.

Sources
Printables: created by me
Elmo balloons: Dollar Tree
Pennant Banner: template, sewn by me
Elmo shirt: template created and sewn by me, idea via Children's Place (no longer in stock)
Elmo cupcakes: This Momma Loves
Oscar's trash toss: Annie's Eats


5 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the Elmo cupcakes! Brooks, also an elmo fan, would've had a great time. Wish we lived closer so the two of them could play together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Mackie loves see-see (her name for Sesame Street). You are so talented, Kristen. If we do a theme third birthday party, I'll have to come back and check out your decorations for ideas. Thanks for posting your amazing talents!
    - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I love stuff like this so while he may not remember it I had lots of fun doing it and I think he enjoyed playing with his friends.

    Casey, oh how we would have loved to have Brooks attend!

    Amy, just let me know what the theme is for Mackie's 3rd bday(I know it's a ways away) and I would be happy to make some printables. They don't take long and I love doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was the big bird game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Big Bird game was each child got a balloon and they had to try and keep it up in the air w/out it hitting the floor. The party was primarily for 2 year olds so they mostly just played w/ the balloons instead of an organized game.

    ReplyDelete