Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gifts of the Adult Variety

I know Christmas is long gone, but I wanted to post some gift ideas I made for friends and neighbors. These would make great small gifts all year round for birthdays, house warming, or as a thank you.

Ruffled Dish Towel 
Tutorial via Sweetwater

Another way to spice up a dish towel 

Honey Butter: recipe via Our Best Bites
I made a loaf of bread to go with the butter and gave it to our neighbors.  Something less traditional than a plate of cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Our neighbors would always make us homemade jam and butterhorn rolls for Christmas, and it was such a treat. Seeing your bread/butter post just brought back those memories. It was much better than all of the sweet treats, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the non-traditional route Amy :) The funny thing is this honey butter seriously tastes like candy. It's really good with cornbread as well. When I make meals for others I often bring soup, bread and honey butter. It's always a hit!

    ReplyDelete