Saturday, October 30, 2010

A first for Mom


On Monday of this week I spent my first night away from Sawyer. Many people questioned if it would be/was difficult. To be honest I was ready to see him when I returned home, but the night away was very refreshing. I had a work assignment (I know most think I am a SAHM, which I am, but I also do some consulting work especially during open enrollment season) that was three hours away from home, so I had to drive there the night before. I didn't actually reach the hotel until 10:00 pm, so I didn't have much relaxing time. However, I immensely enjoyed the time I had to take a long, uninterrupted shower, catch up on some blogs without anyone whining at my leg, watch a little (as in 15 minutes) HGTV, and get a full nights sleep without waking up once (Sawyer used to sleep through the night, but since he has started teething he wakes up at least once a night).

It was a great 24 hour break, but I am glad to be home. As much as I like working I love being with my baby all day. This short break just reminded me how much I love my job as a mom and how thankful I am to be home with him all day, everyday!

2 comments:

  1. Well said Kristen! A little time away always makes us better moms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...you've got me thinking now. I don't think I've had my first night w/o B yet. :-) I feel a little jipped. Glad to see you were refreshed and recharged.

    ReplyDelete